Computer literacy test for NIDA’s regular program master’s degree students is an e-Testing system which contains branches of computer knowledge. Every students must take this computer literacy test. According to NIDA’s announcement titled “The criterion of the computer literacy test for regular program master’s degree students” issued on 23 April 2008, it was assigned as follows
1. Set 1: computer literacy
This part contains basic concept of IT, word processing, spread sheets, presentation and Internet & e-Mail.
Every students must pass this set before graduation. The test can be taken from the first semester with no test fee for the first time. If student fails the test, he/she has to retake the test with test fee. Please note that the test result will displayed on the transcript.
2. Set 2: computer competency
This part contains 3 subjects as follows.
c.Internet & e-Mail
3 Set 3: computer proficiency
This part contains 3 subjects as follows.
a. Spread sheets
c. Information system
The set 2 and 3 tests is voluntary. For set 2 applicant, passing set 1 is required. For set 3 applicant, passing set 2 is required. The test certificate will be given to the applicant who pass the particular test.
Applicants’ criterion and qualification
NIDA’s regular program master’s degree students must pass this test before graduation. The computer literacy test affects to each school’s comprehensive test criterion. The summary is as follows.
1.There are 5 schools which allow students who fail the computer literacy test to take comprehensive test.
- Graduate School of Human Resource Development
- Graduate School of Social and Environmental Development
- Graduate School of Development Economics
- Graduate School of Language and Communication
- Graduate School of Tourism Management
2. There are 2 schools which not allow students who fail the computer literacy test to take comprehensive test.
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- Graduate School of Law
For the purpose that some students have finished all the coursework ready to go on the graduation process but did not pass the computer literacy test which not allow those students to take comprehensive test or graduate. To give students benefits and facilitate them, Information Technology Center has arranged the test for those particular case with the criterion as follows.
1. The students must qualify for the comprehensive test.
2. The students must take the computer literacy test for at least 3 times.
3. The pass test score is calculated by an average of the past 3 times of the computer literacy test.
4. Students must request to take the test at their school. Their qualification as mentioned above will be checked. Then they will be informed to ITC to continue the test process.
NIDA has issued an announcement titled “More proper criterion of exceptional courses for computer literacy test”. The students who study in these following courses will be excluded from the computer literacy test.
1. The courses in Graduate School of Applied Statistics which study in Information Technology, according to NIDA’s announcement issued on 14 December 2010.
- Master of Science Program in Computer Science and Information Systems (Computer Science and Information Technology)
- Master of Science Program in Computer Science and Information Systems (Software Engineering)
- Master of Science Program in Information Technology Management
- Master of Science Program in Logistics Management
- Master of Science Program in Applied Statistics (Insurance Actuarial Science and Risk Management)
- Master of Science Program in Applied Statistics
- Master of Science Program in Applied Statistics (Statistics)
2. The students who study in these courses which are regular master’s programs. The courses must contain a major in computer-related, a basic computer knowledge course or an Information Technology course, according to NIDA’s announcement issued on 22 January 2009.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public and Private Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science Program in Applied Statistics and Information Technology
- Master of Science Program in Environmental Management
- Master of Arts Program in Language and Communication (For students registered before the 1st semester of 2009 only.)
Test Schedule and Tutorial Class
ITC has arranged the e-Testing set 1 computer literacy test for NIDA’s regular program master’s degree students. The test will be arranged 4 times per an academic year.
1stEvery June, The tutorial class will be held 2 weeks before the test.
2ndEvery September, The tutorial class will be held 2 weeks before the test.
3rdEvery December, The tutorial class will be held 2 weeks before the test.
4thEvery March, The tutorial class will be held 2 weeks before the test.
ITC has also arranged a free-of-charge tutorial class for students. The class will be held 2 weeks before the test. For the test online application is on http://etr.nida.ac.th/eRegister/index.php or clicking the link at our website: http://itc.nida.ac.th. For the tutorial class, please fill the class application form and apply to us at ITC office located in 11th floor of Sayam Boromrajakumari Building.